The White Shadow Dojo is a Martial Arts school run by Gwynne and David in western New York. This blog features information on our book "The Rhythm of One", our class offerings, a calendar of events, an edged weapons forum, articles on knife design, and a community space for the research and dissemination of Martial Arts. "Sometimes irreverant, often opinionated, always brutally honest."

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A Clarification?

Globalization vs Diversification:
Because I failed to make my point with the clarity I wanted I decided to remove my blog on Globalization. I have strong attachments to many people around the world. Noviar in Indonesia, and knifemakers in New Zealand, and I enjoy the products of the mountain people of Nepal. So my real argument, my rancor, is directed at one Nation alone and its stranglehold over world trade.

Goods sold under American names, or pseudo American names, American designed and made goods counterfeited by that country, these are the products I have an issue with. Nepalese made Kukri and Indonesian Rencong are indigent made, ethnically identifiable, and culturally significant items. One of my original purposes for carrying these items on our website is to help preserve these articles and makers from eradication by that manufacturer of all things which is threatening to erase the indigent makers from the face of the earth. Diversification is a far cry for Globalization and I should have made the distinction.

No comments:

Followers