The White Shadow Dojo is a Martial Arts school run by Gwynne and David in western New York. This blog features information on our book "The Rhythm of One", our class offerings, a calendar of events, an edged weapons forum, articles on knife design, and a community space for the research and dissemination of Martial Arts. "Sometimes irreverant, often opinionated, always brutally honest."

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Cobra Grande!


At the request of several people I designed a larger Cobra fighting knife. To find a maker who would/could make it for me I posted an inquiry on the USN Forum. Based on the responses, I contracted two makers to build prototypes. The first one arrived a few weeks back but there has been so much going on it has taken me awhile to get it on the blog. I am quite pleased with the results  James Dimagmaliw achieved. We have already discussed a few small revisions but it is very close for the first shot. I have been travelling a lot and not had time to test it out at the dojo. Once I have the other knife by Nick Rossi in hand then I can compare them here and let you know my full impressions. So this is just a short posting but I think you will find the knife very striking.

No comments:

Followers