The White Shadow Dojo is a Martial Arts school run by Gwynne and David in western New York. This blog features information on our book "The Rhythm of One", our class offerings, a calendar of events, an edged weapons forum, articles on knife design, and a community space for the research and dissemination of Martial Arts. "Sometimes irreverant, often opinionated, always brutally honest."

Saturday, September 25, 2010

The Rest of the Story

Now For the Rest of the Story:

In less than a week my dull knife traveled from NY to Colorado and back! Now it is really sharp like a fighting knife ought to be. And now, I will tell you who made it and why I was convinced that it was not the maker’s fault that it was dull. Shown here (top photo) is the re-sharpened knife and my other fighting knife (bottom photo) by Mike Irie. Mike says the top one was a customer design and it left his shop sharp. Based on my other Irie knife I knew the high quality of his work. Now I also know the high quality of his commitment to the people who own his knives, even those, who like me, bought it second or third hand. The third party to this transaction was a knife dealer, Lee Beene.
Lee said if I was not happy, he was not happy and to send the knife directly to Mike. Lee never questioned my judgment and within a few days I had a check to cover my postage. These actions are consistent with professionals and the type of people whom I like to deal with and who I will go to again for the best service and quality in edged weaponry. So as Paul Harvey would say; “That’s the rest of the story.” You can google Mike Irie to find several dealers who carry his knives. Or go straight to Lee Beene and see what he has available. Here is Mike’s and Lee’s contact info. Go buy a good knife from good people.
Mike Irie Handcraft, 1606 Auburn Dr., Colorado Springs, CO, 80909

No comments:

Followers