The White Shadow Dojo is a Martial Arts school run by Gwynne and David in western New York. This blog features information on our book "The Rhythm of One", our class offerings, a calendar of events, an edged weapons forum, articles on knife design, and a community space for the research and dissemination of Martial Arts. "Sometimes irreverant, often opinionated, always brutally honest."

Thursday, March 03, 2011

Neat Knife Site

It’s amazing how we sometimes meet people. In the past meeting new people happened either vicariously, by post, or in person. The internet has vastly changed the way we meet and interact with people. Recently I had an inquiry by a martial arts teacher from the other side of the world. He wanted to buy one of our Cobra Fighting Knives. It was going to be difficult for him to get it shipped. He will soon be picking it up direct from the maker in Auckland, NZ.

At nearly the same time I had a gentleman directed to me by a second friend in NZ. I mean how many people living in rural NY have three friends in NZ?) Anyway, this new cyber acquaintance, Dan Policastro, maintains a website dedicated to knives and knife people and he asked to interview me. His curiosity was based on comments he heard about my knife designs.

If you like knives, you will find his website interesting, and the super interview he did with me is posted there. By the way, I am blaming Dan for my recent purchase of a Benchmade® 860 Bedlam folder. I read his review of this knife on his blog and it convinced me to buy one. His review of the folder was very accurate and helped me make an educated purchase. Go take a look at his reviews. http://bladereviews.com/ Don’t blame me if you end up buying a knife though!
Here is my new Bedlam

1 comment:

Dan said...

Great write up Dave, enjoy the Bedlam! Dan

Followers