The White Shadow Dojo is a Martial Arts school run by Gwynne and David in western New York. This blog features information on our book "The Rhythm of One", our class offerings, a calendar of events, an edged weapons forum, articles on knife design, and a community space for the research and dissemination of Martial Arts. "Sometimes irreverant, often opinionated, always brutally honest."

Friday, May 18, 2018

We're Back!

Well after almost a year I have decided to resurrect this blog. Hopefully someone will come and read it. After the elections ended I decided to separate the caustic effects of politics from everything else that was good going on in my life. My website has had a tremendous number of visitors. Thank you one and all.
https://www.fairbairnsykesfightingknives.com/ I am back to focusing on the things I love most fighting knives.

Many faithful visitors to my website have asked about my book on Fairbairn Sykes Fighting knives. I am still working on it so please don't give up. In the 3 years since I started writing it I have been blessed to find some very rare knives and also documentation that will blow the lid off many sacred cows and those pushing BS about the knives and people involved. I have been contacted by people like William Cassidy, a Yeaton family member, and the daughter of the man who financed the Castle Knife co. Leroy Thompson has written the foreword for my book and also provided valuable knives, information, and photos. So things are progressing and the additional information has been partly to blame for the hold up in finishing the book. Another wonderful friend in California has donated literally thousands of dollars of knives to my collection including more than a dozen clandestine knives! My thanks are not enough Kevin!

I left my old job at Dresser-Rand after 37 years with no retirement package and just walked out the door. I have not needed to buy antacids by the case anymore. I am now teaching part time at a small college and with the help of my daughter established my own company, Gas Engine Testing and Training (GETT LLC) We have purchased land in Idaho and hope to eventually move out there, get out of the prison state of New York, and build a new life. So much has been going on but I wanted to pick this blog back up as a channel of communications.

I will try to post a new article once a week, more often as time allows or important knives arrive. So I am going to close this re-introductory post and write the next one on knives. Enjoy and welcome back.

 

No comments:

Followers