The White Shadow Dojo is a Martial Arts school run by Gwynne and David in western New York. This blog features information on our book "The Rhythm of One", our class offerings, a calendar of events, an edged weapons forum, articles on knife design, and a community space for the research and dissemination of Martial Arts. "Sometimes irreverant, often opinionated, always brutally honest."

Monday, May 13, 2013

Cowards


BENGHAZI

benghazi benghazi benghazi BENGHAZI

Benghazi
Benghazi benghazi   Benghzi I hope this image and name are burned into the souls and minds of those cowards in the administration that left our people to die. I hope that every night they see these images of burning cars and victorious Extremist Muslim Terrorists and hear this word endllessly repeated in their ears. Three American Heroes have come forth to testify and they may change the course of this nation.

3 comments:

Jeff Snyder said...

Dave, I have knife question I am hoping you can shed light on.

One of the reasons I read your blog is for the insights gained from the tidbits you dispense from time to time regarding different knife types, and proper techniques.

You see, lacking the depth of knowledge and experience of you, I look at a knife and basically I am deciding on how "good" it is based on aesthetics more than anything else. I.e., I like the way it looks, but I can't really assess how well it would work for defensive purposes as compared to other choices.

I know from reading the blog that you like the tanto sytles of Gary Bradburn. These styles are more or less now available commercially in the John Williams designed blades from CRKT.

I also know you like bowies.

This is a long winded way of getting to my question. I like the looks of the new CRKT, FE9, designed by Jim Hammond.
http://www.crkt.com/FE9-Large-Fixed-Blade-Tactical-Knife

Unlike a bowie, teh FE9 has a recurved blade, and I don't know how these generally compare from a cutting standpoint with say, the tanto style continuously curved blade (which seems superior), or the bowie blade style, which is often close to a straight edge until it curves up fairly radically at the tip.

FYI, CRKT has actually put a youtube with a detailed intro to training or using the knife
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNIl3mdpdl8

Look, I know that basically, any sharp piece of metal with a tip on it will serve as a defensive weapon and be superior to having no sharp piece of metal at hand, but I wonder about these subtleties of design. Any thoughts?

knife-fighter said...

Hi Jeff,
Not having had a chance to work with the CRKT version makes it a little tough but, the Hammond design is beautiful and should be an awesome cutter IF CRKT did their job. I contacted Mr Hammond about a custom flesheater and fell over at the price he was asking. If I were a rich man I would have ordered it. I ma eventually buy one of the CRKT versions.

Jeff Snyder said...

Thanks, Dave!

Followers