The White Shadow Dojo is a Martial Arts school run by Gwynne and David in western New York. This blog features information on our book "The Rhythm of One", our class offerings, a calendar of events, an edged weapons forum, articles on knife design, and a community space for the research and dissemination of Martial Arts. "Sometimes irreverant, often opinionated, always brutally honest."

Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Value of Friends



I just spent a terrible three days traveling for my work. It took me almost 20 hours to fly from here in NY to Kansas. I flew from Elmira to Detroit, to Memphis, to Atlanta (cause my flight got in late and I missed a connection) finally arriving in Wichita at 11:30 PM. Crashing at my hotel about midnight. Oh this was not the hotel I was supposed to be in because that was another 4 hours drive west. So who cares about my travel woes other than me, probably no one. I would have turned around and gone back home from Detroit but for one thing, I wanted to spend a few hours with a close friend in Wichita.

I am not sure how many of you have a friend worth that sort of effort, but if you do, then cherish them. In the coming days things are going to get tough and you will find a true friend is worth more than all the gold in the world. Thanks for a nice visit Gary, it made it all worthwhile.
http://www.bradburnknives.com/

2 comments:

Dan said...

I'd much rather have a couple really good friends than tons of acquaintances. And Gary does some amazing work!

knife-fighter said...

Yes Gary will be one of the featured knifemakers in my book Two Tigers. The more I am around him and commuicate with him the more depth I find. His Shobu tanto are among the finest on the market and I am now working with him to market some sweet kogatana. Article to soon follow.

Followers