The White Shadow Dojo is a Martial Arts school run by Gwynne and David in western New York. This blog features information on our book "The Rhythm of One", our class offerings, a calendar of events, an edged weapons forum, articles on knife design, and a community space for the research and dissemination of Martial Arts. "Sometimes irreverant, often opinionated, always brutally honest."

Friday, October 12, 2007

What's Up?




What's Up?






Our new book, When Two Tigers Fight, is getting there, slowly. Right now I am editing it again for the umpteenth time and shuffling topics around to where they best fit. There are still at least two knife makers holding up the process of reviewing their knives because, THE KNIVES AREN"T HERE YET! The knives are in fact over 6 months behind the promised delivery dates.


Gwynne and I are busy working on some left-handed techniques and also taking an Italian style fencing class. I am already mentally trying to connect the dots between fencing moves and knife work.

In November we are going to the NYC Custom Knife Show to pick up three new Cobras from Brent Sandow along with two new tactical, Chisel Point Commando knives. If you want a Cobra, now is the time to speak up. Yup the Chisel Tip F/Ss are something new that I wanted to try and Peter and Brent have humored me. You will see these knives featured in our new book too. Whether they will work or not is yet to be determined. I am waiting for a new shipment of knives from Noviar and there will be s few kerambit ready for immediate sale/shipment. Contact me if you are interested.

I recently bought this mini-neck knife from Dan Certo of Relentless Knives. He makes nice stuff and eventually I will order a bigger knife. For some reason I bought another Fer De Lance. Like I needed three of them huh! The Fer de Lance by Pacific Cutlery is my all-time favorite factory made knife and I am going to include a short review of it in our book too even though it has been out of production for a long time. Maybe some new maker will be inspired by its beautiful lines.


Keep checking back to see how our book is progressing and for knives we will have available for sale. I will also be listing Cobras on the USN Usual Suspects Network site. If you haven’t already checked the USN site out you should.

No comments:

Followers